National Aboriginal Day at Trout Lake Celebrations
Please join us as we celebrate National Aboriginal Day on Coast Salish Territories. This is a community-based, full day of events that showcase and celebrate the diversity of Aboriginal people from across Canada. First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples gather to share their spirit, experiences, stories, songs, art and dance with each other and the general community.
All events are FREE, and all Aboriginal community members and supporters are welcome. This is a family-friendly event, no alcohol or drugs are permitted. Make sure you bring your cameras and video recorders!
Friendship Centre EVENTS:
Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre Society (VAFCS) 1607 East Hastings St. Vancouver
- Pancake Breakfast begins at 9:00AM
- Friendship Walk from the Friendship Centre to Trout Lake begins at 11:00AM
- Walk starts at VACFS then to Commercial Drive (see google map for detailed route)
Trout Lake EVENTS:
- Stage with various entertainment – TBA
- Teepee Village with activities for children and families
- Arts & Crafts Fair
- Resource Fair
- Interactive Artist Demo’s
- Canoe demonstration with Takaya Tours
More info will be added weekly as the NADOC team meets to coordinate this exciting, and inspiring event for our community!