Annual Trout Lake National Aboriginal Day Celebrations
Please join us for our Annual National Aboriginal Day Celebration on Coast Salish Territories at Trout Lake. It’s a community-based full day of events that celebrates the diversity of Aboriginal people from across Canada. First Nations, Métis & Inuit peoples gather to share their experiences, stories, songs, traditional games, dances & spirit with each other & the general community.
All events are FREE, all Aboriginal community members & supporters are welcome. This is a family-friendly event, no alcohol or drugs are permitted. Make sure you bring your camera’s & video-recorders!
Friendship Center EVENTS:
Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre Society (VAFCS) 1607 East Hastings St. Vancouver
- Pancake Breakfast begins at 9:00AM
- Friendship Walk from the Friendship Centre to Trout Lake begins at 11:00AM
- Walk starts at VACFS then to Commercial Drive (see google map for detailed route)
Trout Lake EVENTS:
- Stage with entertainment – TBA
- Teepee Village with activities for children and pow wow dancing with drum group
- Arts & Crafts Fair
- Resource Fair
- Canoe demonstration with Takaya Tours
More info will be added weekly as the NADOC team meets to coordinate this exciting, and inspiring event for our community!